Why do I have a blog?

I am a second year Occupational Therapy (OT) student, and as an OT student, I am required to explore the different cultures, societal norms and occupations of others to understand and have empathy towards others.

We do this through many different methods or ‘occupations’; these include cooking, craft, games, performance, record keeping or technology (this is where the blog comes in). Through technology and this blog I am able to express myself, as many others do on a daily basis. This leads me to the themes of my many future postings.

Thursday 17 May 2012

There are more of us out there!


For my final post, I am required to prove the communication between OT’s over the Internet. This can be for inquiry, educational purposes or promotion of OT as a profession.
These next links will direct you to blogs created by OT’s. You may notice a lot of these blogs mention OT conferences. It would be very interesting to go to one of these in the future.








Here are two examples of communication between fellow Otago Polytech OT Students.

This is very informative, what other groups of people could this be used for?

Good question H-Rock! This devise would be useful to anyone who suffers MS, Parkinson's, TBI or stroke. If a persons speech is extremely limited, they are able to get someone else to speak on the recording.



Hi Vic, I see your three online communities are for those who suffer depression. Are these online communities limited to those who suffer depression alone, or also to those who suffer depression within other forms of mental illnesses?
Hey Gabi, great question! These online communities I have chosen are designed specifically for people suffering from depression. However in there are a huge variety of online interactive websites available for people with other forms of mental illnesses.


This proves that OT is becoming a well-known profession and we are defiantly not alone in the blogging world, there are many OTs out there trying to promote who we are and what we do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment